Shoe odour does exist and can be a major issue. Luckily there are ways around getting rid of the odour and you don’t have to throw your shoes out. Phew!
In this blog post I have some great home remedies and techniques to eliminate and minimize shoe odour. Shoe odour can be caused by both bacteria and fungus, the moisture in your shoes can cause this and hence the unpleasant smell.
Tips to get rid of shoe odours include:
- Place your shoes in a bag and put them in the freezer, this will kill the bacteria
- Place your shoes in the sun, this will also kill the bacteria
- Use shoe odour spray, or create your own by mixing half a cup of water and half a cup of white vinegar and add some essential oil, spray in the shoe and let it dry in the sun
- Use black tea bags. Put the tea bags in water for four minutes, let them cool and then put the bags into the shoes
- Use a shoe dryer, dry your shoes so no moisture is trapped
- Always make sure to let your shoes breathe for 24 hours, so don’t wear the same shoes two days in a row